Monday, October 24, 2011

Identity and Changing Names


1)   I do feel that I have different identities in different environments.  Such as at school and at home I m really relaxed, calm, and can be the funny and goofy person that I am.  However when I am in a more series atmosphere I retain my goofy nature and bring my series self out, so I can impress individuals and make a good impression for myself.  I am still the same person, because my series side still has the humor of the my funny side; likewise, when I am at school my series side tells me when to stop making jokes that way I do not get into trouble.  These different personalities co-exist in the same person to make a well rounded whole.
2)   I do agree with the speaker.  Even the most simple of people have multiple sides.  A husband a father can show caring, compassionate, and nurturing nature when he is at home.  Then when he is shipped to Iraq, he turns into a ruthless killer that will die or even kill for his country.  Then he could also be the individual that would give up a wallet to a mugger to protect his family instead of risking a fight that might cause them harm.  This individual I described has three sides of his personality, just like a prism shows when light is sent through it.  Multiple colors are extracting from a single beam of light, all these individual lights (personalities) coming from one whole being.
3)   He never really achieved this objective, because even though he seemed like a person that achieved riches; however, inside he was still the farm boy.  He would always act as the boy who grew up on the farm.
4)   Every individual is different.  No two humans are the same, even twins.  We all have original personalities along with our unique looks.  Some individuals have personalities that change them completely.  Most individuals have multiple personalities, but they choose to take certain characteristics and use them to their advantages at certain times in life.  To sum it up, all we are is big bags of personalities, emotions, and life.
5)   I do not believe that an individual can truly change.  A bank robber can choose to change his life after he gets out of jail and become a good person, but the emotions and personalities that caused him to rob the bank in the first place, are still inside him he has just learned to “control” them.  So he never really truly changed, because the feelings and personalities are still inside of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment