Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Reflection

As the end of the year draws near, the road to college seems to be just a few steps away.  During my senior year i was fortunate enough to have a very successful football career and as such, had the opportunity to move on to play in college.  However, this meant that i would have to go to a smaller college that did not offer me as good of an education in my particular field of study.  Thus the decision of a continued football career or  promising education came into play.  After a great deal of thought, i decided to go to UK where i would not be able to play football (Due not to my lack of skill, but to my lack of size and weight), but where I would gain a great education in civil engineering.  This decision was made upon my choice to put education over self enjoyment.  I am no were good or big enough to play football professionally, so after college i have to depend upon my degree and education.  Therefore i have to have the best education possible and a degree from a University that has a "Bigger" name then others. 

Over the next year i see the biggest challenge being change.  Over the next year my entire way of living will be changed and for the first time i will be completely independent.  Even though i will still be at school and under the control of teachers and school officials, there will be no one there to make sure I succeed.  I will be in charge of making sure i am up every morning and to take care of my body so i wont become sick.  Even though my family has prepared me over the years to become more dependent upon myself, they have still been behind me to help me up when i fell.

Overall i always like to think of the novel Jane Eyre.  In this story the main character, Jane Eyre, has a horrible childhood, but overcame everything and found a job were she could make a living doing something respectful.  This is what i want for my future, a job were i can provide for my family doing something honest that benefits the individuals around me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment